Archive for August 22nd, 2011
- Runaway and homeless youth are especially susceptible in falling victim to commercial sexual exploitation.
- Thirty years ago, homelessness wasn’t as big of a problem as it is today- it is possible to end homelessness with clear and directed federal policies.
- Don’t bring an [empty] travel mug with you to the Capitol Visitors Center – they will throw it away (even if it’s new and from Starbucks!)
- We need better data on how many homeless youth there are in this country so we can shape policies that most affect and empower this population.
- It is much cheaper to house a homeless person than to pay the costs of incarceration or medical expenses over his or her lifetime.
- The phones at the Alliance are very musical.
- Foster care children who age out of the child welfare system are at high risk for becoming homeless.
- Making a personalized google map isn’t as difficult as it sounds!
- All the programs related to helping homeless populations have a sustainability component – a long term plan to keep them off the streets.
- Andre Wade, youth policy analyst, cannot function without his iPad.