Results from point-in-time counts continued to be featured in local news stories around the country this week. We are updating a neat interactive map (screen shot below) with all these reports, so please continue to send stories to our Research Associate, Pete when you spot them!
- Our policy team continues to follow the twists and turns of the federal budget process. Amanda discussed the ongoing saga on our blog this week and what you can do to make sure important programs receive the funding they need.
- Steve, our Vice President of Programs and Policy, weighed in last Friday on the funding and organization of federal programs that deal with homelessness on Fox News.
- The nonprofit street newspaper Street Roots continued their record of excellent journalism with a long, hard look at the intersection of HIV/AIDS and homelessness.
- In California, redevelopment agencies that ensure access to affordable housing could be the next causality of state budget cuts.
- Finally, a Cub Scouts pack in Oklahoma welcomes new scouts from Positive Tomorrows, an organizations that helps children who are experiencing homelessness.
What did you see in the news this week?