Keep your eyes out for news about the National Conference on Ending Homelessness in July 2013. Our annual conference is slated to take place from Monday, July 16 to Wednesday, July 18 in Washington, D.C. The website for the conference – including online registration – is still under construction but we’re hoping to launch it at the end of this month.
Now – the news of the week:
- The Oregonian highlighted a group of faith-based organizations that are helping individuals and families with rapid re-housing.
- Reuters wrote about a New Jersey legislator who went undercover to see if he could access shelter and services as a homeless person.
- Earlier this week, there was a White House conference on housing for LGBT people during which Secretary Donovan announced a rule that mandates equal access to housing services for LGBT individuals and families. In a related story, the Associated Press discussed if the next big LGBT issues was over housing for LGBTQ homeless youth.
- In Alliance blog news, we’re happy to announce a few ongoing series for the month of March:
- On Tuesdays, senior policy analyst Lisa Stand will discuss the relationship between the Affordable Care Act and ending chronic homelessness,
- On Wednesdays, capacity building associate Anna Blasco will write about the Alliance’s efforts to help communities transform their homeless systems,
- And on Thursdays, the advocacy team will continue their series on federal legislation and how you can make a difference.
Don’t miss it!